|Age for Admission (as of April 2, 2017)|
|Kindergarten (two years):||4 to 5 years old|
|Elementary (six years):||6 to 11 years old|
|Middle School (three years) :||12 to 14 years old|
Features of Supplementary Division:
- This division is for students who are full-time attendants of the local American schools.
- Provides the same Japanese language program as set forth by the Japanese Government to improve their knowledge and use of practical language. Our aim is for the students to become fluent in the Japanese language.
- The Japanese class is on Saturday. Math class is also available on weekday afternoons.
- Transportation via school bus is available.
- Smaller class sizes allowing for more individual attention and interaction with teachers and students. (20 students maximum)
Goal of Japanese Supplementary Teaching School:
- The Supplementary Teaching School is a program in which students who go to local elementary and junior high schools attend Japanese classes on Saturdays
- The aim of this program is to nurture students’ ability to think using Japanese through expressive activities in the four domains: speaking, listening, reading, and writing. In order to accomplish this task, students are instructed in pronunciation reading and kanji convention. The growth of the students is displayed at the end of the year by sharing artifacts exampling student work
|Term Dates (School Year 2017-2018)|
|First Term :||April 14 to June 23|
|Second Term :||August 8 to December 15|
|Third Term :||January 9 to March 16|
School Expenses (per Student)
-Enrollment fee (one time fee for admission) :
–Registration fee (annual):
–Facilities maintenance fee : $125
(annual/same amount for all grade)
–Tuition ( same amount for all grade):
Semester payment (3 times) Total $1098
Monthly payment / $105 (11 times) Total $1,138
Second child / $98 (11 times) Total $1,155
–School bus fee (same amount for all grades):