|Age for Admission (as of April 4, 2018)|
|Kindergarten (two years):||4 to 5 years old|
|Elementary (six years):||6 to 11 years old|
|Middle School (three years):||12 to 14 years old|
Features of Full-time Division:
- Provides the same educational program as set forth by the Japanese Government, by dedicated teachers who each hold Japanese teaching licenses.
- Classes are held from Monday to Friday for the Full time Division.
- Smaller class sizes allow for more individual attention and interaction with teachers and students. (12 – 25 students only for each grade)
- English classes are elementary and middle school by certified native English speakers. English classes are aimed at keeping students at grade-level English fluency. ESL classes are also offered for second language learners. The English program also includes cultural exchange Programs with local schools.
- Transportation via school bus is available.
- After school program is available and Japanese language learning, as well as traditional Japanese courses.
Goal of English Education:
- After graduating from the Japanese School of Guam many students transfer to local, English speaking schools, so the Japanese school also has offers 3 classes a week in regular English instruction.
- The goal of Japanese English Education is to foster our students’ English language proficiency so that they remain at or close to American school standards, so that our students will be able to transfer and use English in academic or social settings efficiently.
- Due to the diverse nature of our students, this looks very different for each student, designing instruction and lessons around the needs of each student.
Goal of Full-Day Kindergarten Program:
- For most students, kindergarten is the opportunity for structured learning and education for the first time. To a large extent, kindergarten functions as the base of learning in elementary school.
- Developing them understanding and use of vocabulary, and observing the beauty and wonders of nature.
|Term Dates (School Year 2018-2019)|
|First Term:||April 13 to July 19|
|Second Term:||August 20 to December 21|
|Third Term:||January 4 to March 15|
School Expenses (per student)
|– Enrollment fee (one time fee for admission) :||$ 450|
|– Registration fee (annual):
|-Facilities maintenance fee:
(annual / same amount for all grade)
|-Tuition (same amount for all grade) :
Semester payment (3 times)
Monthly payment / $ 459 (11 times)
Second child / $ 425 (11 times)
For 1st grade to 9th grade:
Semester payment (3 times)
Monthly payment / $ 446 (11 times)
Second child / $ 413 (11 times)
Total $ 4,797
total $ 4,928
total $ 5,049
Total $ 4,661
Total $ 4,785
total $ 4,906
|-School bus fee (same amount for all grade):
Monthly payment / $ 88 (11times)